Hello, I’m Melanie Miller, LCSW. I’m a holistic psychotherapist practicing in Chelsea, New York City. For many years, I’ve been working with people just like you. The highly sensitive person, struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, and emotional and physical burnout.
Growing up as a highly sensitive person, I always thought of my sensitivity as something to be fixed. I could easily feel the pain of others, and was easily hurt myself. I felt everything deeply, stimuli and emotions. That was great when it was “good,” but overwhelming when it was “bad.” Alternating between pushing myself hard, ignoring my sensitive nature, and more and more burnout, I finally realized I needed a radical change to the way I was living. Just like many highly sensitive people I see every day.
Now thanks to some great healers, teachers, and lots of training, I experience my sensitive and highly intuitive nature as a wonderful gift that allows me to live more fully! This is a gift I am passionate about sharing with others, to help them live more at ease with their mind, heart, body, and spirit, and to open up to their full potential.
If you’re suffering and feeling overwhelmed, please don’t wait to get help. Please contact me now with any questions or to schedule a free 20-minute consultation.
I take a highly interactive and intuitive approach.
Grounded in over a decade of training, I utilize exciting new energy and mindbody psychology techniques for treating trauma, cognitive-behavioral methods, psychoanalytic “talk therapy” styles, and practical applications from the growing field of neurobiology.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND TRAINING
- Masters of Social Work from New York University
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, New York State. License # 078461-1
- Certified Breath-Body-Mind® teacher
- Certified Holographic Memory Resolution® facilitator
- Certified Spiritual Response Therapy practitioner, advanced level
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy from the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
- I am also a serious student of qi gong (related to t’ai chi).
- Masters in Business Administration from New York University